NEW KETTLES: plus a recipe for apple crisp
We are happy to introduce a line of kettles to Breeo’s product inventory.
These kettles and dutch ovens are the perfect match to our smoke-reducing, wood-burning fire pits. Their heavy-duty, fire-resistant build makes them the perfect accompaniment to any grilling fest. Whether you cook a stew, try out this baked bean recipe, or put in a little desert after the steaks are grilled, you’ll be sure to love these kettles, big and small.
Even if you have no accessories, you can always make an oven environment right down in the coals of any of our smoke-less fire pits.
If you’re ready to try it out on one of Breeo’s smoke-reducing fire pits, following is a delicious Apple Crisp recipe we have tried out in the Double Flame fire pit.
Dutch Oven Apple Crisp for Campfires
1-1/2 sticks of butter
1 pound brown sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
9 oz quick oats
4 pounds apples
Make sure you have a hot bed of coals in your fire pit to begin. See this how to guide here.
- Core and slice the apples.
- Layer the apple slices in the bottom of the kettle. (Throw in a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning, if you’d like.)
- Mix the cinnamon, oats, and brown sugar a separate bowl. Cut in butter.
The mix should be fine and crumbly.
- Pour the mix evenly over the apples.
- Sprinkle water over the top.
- Put on lid, and place the kettle down in the coals in your fire pit.
- Cook for about 45-55 minutes.
Check every 10 minutes or so. If the crust is drying out, add water as necessary.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!